Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Customer's Creations and Shop Samples




Customers at the shop have been very busy...Our resident Guru, Mary has knit this beautiful vest in no time. She found the patterns in Knitter's Issue 86, Spring 2007 and it was pattern Laced Latte knit out of Berroco's Nostalgia. Mary successfully changed the yarn to a beautiful 100% black silk, Berger du Nord Yarn's Belle. Mary's finished piece is stunning.

Carol has been quite busy too. She knit one of our new felted purse patterns using buttons and beads. She choose wonderful colors -- and has even brought a friend up to choose colors for the purse she will knit the friend.



As for myself, I have finished the Cat Bordhi moebius sample. I met Cat at market (as did Sarah and Lauren) and have enjoyed some nice conversations with her at TNNA market and since. What a truly remarkable woman she is. I used one skein of the wonderful Jade Sapphire's 2-ply Cashmere. I really love how it turned out, and it was so much fun to knit. I cast on 5 or 6 times, not because of mistakes, rather that it was so enjoyable.


My beginning lace sample is also now in the shop. This was actually a very therapeutic piece to knit. I do so enjoy lace. This piece accompanied me allover Bloomington-Normal as I was able to visually knit the scarf. So it did not require a lot of room to take with me. I also knit this piece out of Jade Sapphires 2-ply Cashmere.

No comments: