Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Finished projects











Classes are off to a great start this session. I look forward to sharing some of our customers new creations as they finish.

In the meantime I wanted to share some of the new shop samples with everyone.

Our shop's resident "Jacob" or aka "Jake" is finished and on display. He really is so much cuter in person. The joy of this project was not only obtaining a new "project bag"(and everyone knows I always need/want a new one of those) but the fact that EVERYTHING you need to complete this project came in the bag. I literally was able to finish knitting and then finish little Jake the bunny all in one sitting. (Jake's real information is Schaefer yarns Lola Bunny Love)

The fish have turned out to be quite addicting. 2 fishes were felted, and the kool-aid dyed yarn is so cute (as well as the fish pattern) that I had to make a simply knitted fish. The pattern was modified just a smidgin to make the knitted version look as professional as the felted. As for the embellishment, my mind is really racing for ideas on future fish. Perhaps Mary Lynn and I will even have to make miniature "Jennifer" and "Mary Lynn" fish (ie fish that we think look like us)

Stocking 1 (Our fun July stocking) is blocked and in the shop, and our true Christmas stocking has hopes of being hung with care on Thursday. It is hard to believe that I will need to fill these beautiful stockings in just 159 days, 2 hours and 19 minutes (whose counting?)

Our Garden of Hats continues to grow with this unisex paper bag hat. I must say it turned out quite nice in the color scheme we choose of Tahki Cotton Classic yarn.

No comments: